Monday 10 October 2011

Our Adventures with Sadhguru, The Mystic

According to The Age, Gordon Ramsay left Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev's retreat in India a much calmer man.  Well if Sadhguru managed to do that, then perhaps attending Sadhguru's presentation at the Melbourne Convention Centre might just be what I need to curb that raging desire to behead people who displeases me.   

Here is a little pic of the guru:



Boo and I through a good friend of our's were invited to attend.  It was a well organised event by the Isha Foundation.  http://www.ishafoundation.org/

It was a rather long presentation (3 hours) and I made a few self discoveries.  Namely, I can't sit still for more than 5 mins at a time and that I can't follow instructions very well. 

Sadhguru is a very entertaining speaker.  He peppered his discourse with anecdotes and jokes.  I'm not quite sure I agreed or understood  a chunk of what he had to say.  For example, Sadhguru was explaining that 'your body was your's but it is not you. Your mind is your's but it is not you'.  Whoa....that was way too complex for this simpleton to comprehend. 

Boo enjoyed the guided meditation and claimed it woke her up a bit.  I found that part terribly difficult.  I couldn't breath to Sadhguru's timing and I could not keep my eyes closed.  So instead I watched the sound the lighting guys that worked for the venue chuckle at everyone. 

The questions and answer time was my favourite bit.  It was very obvious that Sadhguru is a revered guru.  He was asked any thing and every thing from his thoughts on the possibility of alien life to avoiding bad karma. 

Was I enlightened?  Yes!  I tried and learnt about something previously unknown to me.  Do I still want to behead people who displeases me?  Yes!  I still do! Inner peace still eludes me but what the hey, I had an enjoyable evening. 

Cheerio

Beaker

2 comments:

  1. This might be a bit obscure for you Gen Xers:

    Hippie Chick 1: Oh, Homer J., how do you keep your hair so rich and full?
    Homer Simpson: Lather, rinse, and repeat. Always repeat.
    Hippie Chick 2: Homer J., will you teach us to make love?
    [back to reality]
    Homer Simpson: Wow. I could have lived like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurty head. v profound homer j

    ReplyDelete