Sunday 9 October 2011

Date da date da date da date da date da date daaaaaa dattttttte!

I am the single, unattached, unpartnered part of Beaker and Boo ( I was there when Beaker went from Ms to Mrs, seems like a looooong time ago Beaker!)

I have been a singleton for some time. I no longer wish to be a singleton, however as my friends keep on and on and on tellin' me, my perfect man is not going to just show up at my front door while I sit watching television. I think this is terribly unfair. And terribly true....though Roger the electrician that came over last year to work out how to stop my lights flashing on and off...and I was just sitting on the couch. Watching him work. Watching his butt.....okay, sorry just got distracted! mmmmm still distracted....

I listened to my friends ( who I believe have failed me by not finding a perfect man for me while they are in their married glory- more on that another day). I joined e-harmony. For a year. I am convincing myself that I am patient and understand it will take time. In reality I want my dream man and life partner now.

I want to skip past the anxious sickening scary parts of getting to know him him and wondering if he likes me and I like him and go straight to sitting comfortably on the couch together. I am seeing a couch theme. Maybe I do need to get out more.

So my first date from e-harmony was yesterday. I was nervous; job interview nervous.

He looked like his photo which was a definite positive. He didn't have an extra head and looked like he was a little nervous too. He opened the door of the cafe for me. I admit, I am a sucker for men who act like gentlemen and open doors. Love it.

I am not a coffee drinker. I had a hot chocolate. He had a coffee. We chatted. His knee accidentally knocked against mine and I pulled back. My arms were crossed across my body.
He was nice....ordinary nice.
Normal.
No chemistry.
No spark.

We had a soft drink, he paid, we left. He said he'll be in touch.

I was happy to have my first on line dating experience over with with no damage done.
He's not the one for me. Now for the next catch up...

Love Boo xox

No comments:

Post a Comment