Wednesday 12 October 2011

Is a coffee catch up a date?

Another coffee date. The same cafe. Another hot chocolate.

I arrived early, straight from work. At work a few people had asked where was I going, why was I wearing make up (shows how infrequently I wear make up!). I sat in my car, reading, waiting, eye on the clock and eye on men coming and going. Checking out if he was my date. Had a scare and almost scampered when a man in a car pulled up behind me; he'd just sworn and screamed out his window at someone who apparently transgressed his traffic space. He looked a little like my coffee catch up.....

Luckily he wasn't. My date was waiting across the road. 

My coffee date was waiting, wearing chinos and a navy blazer. From our emails he had come across as very sweet and caring. From his photos he came across as slightly dorky and a little...awkward looking.....

We did the polite kiss on the cheek and I was checking him out subtly. Not unattractive but a little odd...a slightly neanderthal nose bridge was what kept on catching my eye. Was off putting.

We chatted, mainly about travel for 1.5 hours. He told me how when he travels he finds it all a bit scary and seemed surprised that I'd travelled by myself and enjoyed it. He doesn't even like to have dinner out by himself when travelling within Australia for work....

I suggested it was time to go and asked the time. He noted it had been 1.5 hours- a good sign. Well.....I am able to talk t anyone for any amount of time and it doesn't necessarily mean much except I can talk to anyone for any amount of time.

I am wondering if i need to tweak my profile. To reflect all parts of my personality.

Again, he was nice.
Polite.
Paid for my hot chocolate ( may need to start drinking real drinks on these dates...am over hot chocolate already!)

Am I too picky?
Am I expecting too much too soon?

We cheek kissed goodbye. I'm off on holidays in a few days and he suggested I call him when I'm back....maybe...

Love Boo xox

3 comments:

  1. no you're not picky! anyone who is scared of travel is not compatible with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, but don't they say opposites attract!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opposites might attract but I think people need to have complementary traits as well. I want someone who's strengths balance my weaknesses and vice versa. Someone who is not afraid of 'out there' 'on a limb' travel and life!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete