Tuesday 25 October 2011

Labels to lust after...Leona Edmiston

I bought my first Leona Edmiston dress to wear to celebrate my 30th birthday. When people and magazines talked about designer clothing being worth the extra cost because of the cut or the way it sits I thought it was all a bit of a crock. Leona proved me wrong.

Her designs know how to flatter my curves, making me look sexy bombshell rather than booby beach ball.

Since my initial birthday purchase I have built up quite a little Leona collection. Mostly I've bought them on sale....ah i heart Leona's sales. And she has them regularly and still has good stock in various sizes.  Like this Vanessa Dress reduced from $395 to $125!!! Or this Hazel Dress Jacquard, not quite such a bargain at $415 from $595 but so pretty, so classic. That's one of the things I love about by Leona dresses- they endure. They might be expensive, but they are not on trend and so can be worn over the years. Good per wear value...

She must be a very astute business woman. She has expanded from the stunning Leaona Edmiston range, which are dresses designed in Australia generally made from European materials.

She has an accessories range (hosiery, sunnies, bags, shoes) and a Leona Edmiston Ruby range, which are much cheaper and made from materials such as polyster etc. Not as classy or sophisticated, but still well cut and ALOT cheaper! I love the florals and adore the split sleeves on this- Daisy Ditzy Dress and only $149.

Recently she has introduced two lines only available through Myer stores- Leona Woman, in larger sizes, and Leona, again a cheaper diffusion line similar to Ruby. Online she has available Leona Edmiston Plus Sizes which are certain styles adapted and available  up to size 6 (which I think is approx 18/20 Aust). How clever to cover a market where lots of stylish woman who have the money want to buy gorgeous clothes, just like their smaller sized sisters.

Ah Leona, I do love you!!!

Who is your favourite designer?
Why?

Love Boo xox

1 comment:

  1. i do like the look of leona's dresses but have never tried one on.

    i love lisa ho and max mara. if only i could afford to deck myself out in these daily...

    ReplyDelete