Monday 3 June 2013

Operation Rapunzel!

I am in my late 30s and I'm thinning. 

Phew!  There.  I've said it. Very cathartic. 

It snuck up on me so insidiously.  For years, I've asked friends, "Do you reckon?  Could I possibly be?"  And my faithful friends have denied any sparseness upon my topness.  But I am confronting the God awful truth.  Playing trichologist, I believe decades of being on the pill, thyroid disease and just simply not taking time to care has contributed to the thinning which is more pronounced near my part and crown. 

I have come up with a plan of attack - Operation Rapunzel. 

My thyroid condition has been stable for a year or so now, so tis the right time to strike.  I have stopped the pill, so am a raging hormonal mess but I like to think I will eventually be a hormonal mess with a glossy mane. 

For the record, here is my parting and crown now (please don't gasp in horror as I did.  It's not often I have a bird's eye view of my issi-hue) :
 
 
 


After reviewing the literature on the internet, frankly I'm frightened of trying anything too chemically laden for fear I fry off my few precious strands.  So I'm going the organic / natural route. 

Part 1:
Spray and massage in Apivita Propoline Hair Loss Treatment for Women, twice daily

Part 2:
Coconut oil scalp mask once weekly. 

Part 3:
Apple cider vinegar dilution sprayed after each shampooing.  You can probably guess - I reek of fish and chips with a top note of apple. 

Operation Rapunzel will run for 3 months with a review thereafter.


Beaker out. 

1 comment:

  1. hi beaker, it it very interesting blogs !
    keep going !!

    ReplyDelete