Sunday 23 June 2013

Daiso Stake-Out

I am late on the Daiso discovery trail but whoa, what a find!  In case you have been hibernating in cave like I have been, Daiso is a Japanese version of a $2 shop except it is $2.80 shop.  Every glorious thing is $2.80.  The stock anything and everything from personal care, household items, food, gadgets.  Apparently all their stock is from Japan with the usual quirky innovations you would expect from the Japanese. 

The Daiso I visited is in the basement on the corner of Swanston and Bourke St, Melbourne.  I was literally hyperventilating from excitement at the aisles and aisles of weird and wonderful stuff to finger.  Here are a couple of offerings for you:

 
 

A portable ashtray with distinguisher designed to sit in your pocket

An egg mould.  To mould your hard boiled eggs into heart and star shapes.  Because you can!

Nappies for dogs.  Complete with tail hole.

It's like modern art - a complete wall of false eyelashes

 
I spent 60 very enjoyable minutes, touching, touching everything.... and came out with the following purchases:
 



Newsprint gift wrapping - not quirky but needed some as have ran out
Eye brow pencil - was too scared to try their other cosmetic offerings on my actual skin as they were priced at $2.80 - so cheap it makes me apprehensive
Kombucha tea - otherwise known as kelp tea.  Salty. 
Silicone nose scrubber - weird and wonderful and will try tonight!
iphone protector film - boring but where else could I get this for $2.80?!

 Daiso, I shall be back....Today was just a reconnaissance mission....

Beaker Out
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment